Eastern European Risk and Insurance Association (EERIA) is a newborn association (2021) whose aim is to promote science and research in the field of risk and insurance, with special attention given to Central Eastern and South Eastern Europe. EERIA’s mission is to broaden the common interests between academicians and practitioners, provide opportunities for professional interaction between and among academicians, practitioners and students, promote the development and understanding of basic and applied research and of sound financial practices, and enhance the quality of education in the field of risk and insurance. Accordingly, the association would like to improve the public’s understanding of how risk can be more effectively managed, in order to support the adoption of new findings by the risk and insurance management profession and to contribute to further development of the insurance market and narrowing of the protection gap.
Eastern European Risk and Insurance Association serves as a platform for promoting research, developing and disseminating knowledge about decision making, driving innovation, and stimulating the development of financial markets.
- EERIA’s mission is to encourage applied and theoretical research on topics relevant to the insurance industry, financial regulators, sustainability, financial inclusion, financial literacy and public-private partnerships. EEIRA will serve by:
- broadening the common interests between academics and practitioners;
- providing opportunities for professional interaction between and among academics, practitioners and students;
- promoting the development and understanding of basic and applied research and of sound practices;
- enhancing the quality of education in risk and insurance.